Aside from my office turning into a complete disaster…
Here is an update on the status of my projects as of 10 months ago.
- Rent Update: launched public beta! We are now walking property managers through sign up for their free listings and gathering feedback. The product is about 2 years in development, but still in the user-testing stage. I’m sure I’ll make a big announcement article and promote the product when it starts humming. Follow [Rent Update on Twitter](http://twitter.com/rentupdate) for more updates.
- Carcassonne Online: with the new things in webkit/iphone this could be a very interesting browser-based game, but I’ve put the project on hold for now until I feel inspired to learn what’s new in webkit.
- Family Reminder: will be built on CakeCal and Calendar Engine, so I need to finish those open source projects before I get to this application, on hold for now.
- Open Ad Sense: on hold until I get momentum behind this project, maybe next year.
- Launched my consulting company’s website, MJG International. Showcases the network of people and some work we’ve done.
- MarcGrabanski.com broke one million visitors in under a year! 1,043,421 since late July ’08 and you can view more details in Mint stats.
- Learning Ruby on Rails because of doing a UI on top of one of my client’s projects, fun so far.
- New startup company deals with organizing and sharing content on the web, this one is interesting because they are both paying my company and giving percentage of equity based on the performance of the project. Exactly the type of contract I’ve been trying to get.
- Sat down at the table with business owners around Minnesota, prepping them and selling them on a new e-commerce platform that I’ve been planning for years. This one will be huge because I know how it will run, we just have to work out the specifics financially to get development underway. This one is very exciting for both local businesses in Minnesota and me.
On a personal note, I’m engaged! She’s now enrolled in college in Minneapolis, the added financial burden just increases my motivation to make the business run stronger.
Check out the Sushi + Engagement Ring plate!
And don’t worry, I cleaned my office!