Users can create their own widgets and share them with everyone in the widget gallery . Here is a list of some of my favorites.
- Paper – Even more simple than Notepad.
- Screen Shooter – Easily take screenshots of a portion of your desktop and save it to an image.
- iTunes Bar – Controls iTunes from a slick little bar.
- My Volume – Controls system volume and iTunes volume.
- Quick Dock – Quick launch replacement that looks like the Mac OSX dock.
- PowerXP – Easy access to lock, shutdown, restart, or bring your pc to standby mode.
- Widget Maker – Aids in building your own widget.
- AWStats Bar – Displays unique and total visitors from an AWStats installation.
- Colors – HTML color picker.
- IconXtractor – Converts between images and icon files.
Now that I have seen and used some great widgets, it is time to create a widget . I am tasked at work with creating one of these widgets to monitor website traffic. Wish me luck!